• Book Club's Next Book: Murder in the Orient Express (2/27 in all lunches)

• Midterms Start this Friday! B4 & B3 on Friday / A1 & A2 on Tuesday 1/16... B1 & B2 on Wed 1/17... A4 & A3 on Thur 1/18

• When news breaks out, We break in! Follow us on twitter @ProwlPSHS

• Newspaper Club: Meetings Thursday after school in 202.. Check with Mr. Walker in Room 202

Plymouth South Golf Team’s Surge of Success

South's Golf Team makes history with their First League title

Joe Flynn, Staff Writer

Plymouth South’s Golf team has been overwhelmed lately with success, qualifying for the state tournament within their first 11 matches and they have won their first league title.

The golf team finished their season at 15-3. Their  biggest competition for the title was Hanover but they fell to a Hingham team at South Shore Country Club.

Plymouth South’s Golf team has a young roster but they are very experienced, the oldest varsity player is currently a Junior. Three out of the first four spots being played are all taken up by juniors. Besides the first 3 Juniors, 2 Freshman, 2 Sophomores and a Junior fill out the lineup.

The Team is looking forward on to the State Qualifier hosted by Easton Country Club. The top 10% of teams advance onto the State Finals. This is a tough but reachable goal.

The Panthers have had some big wins this year against two teams with golfers recruited to Division 1 schools; Hingham and Silver Lake. Hingham was upset at Pinehills by 11 strokes with the top 3 golfers shooting 1 over par. The Panthers defeated Silver Lake by 1 stroke at Halifax Country Club. Head Coach Hicks knew he had something specials with this team.

When asked about the golf team’s success Junior Shane Richardson said “It was so cool to win the league title, I didn’t believe it at first.” Shane Richardson played the number one spot all year as Joe Flynn followed at number 2. Freshman Nolan Skaggs was a nice addition for the Panthers in the number 3 spot. Nolan said “ It’s great to come in Freshman year and have so much success as a team,” when asked about a successful first year.

Sean Spiegel had the 4th spot locked down. He was asked about the season and said “I enjoyed when teachers came up and asked me about golf team because we had such a great season. I have also loved the certain bragging rights we have now that we are successful.”

Filling out the bottom four was Junior Mason Gagnier, Sophomore Quinn Grealis, Sophomore Collin Costello and Freshman Jimmy Rojeski. Coach Mcginnis was asked about the golf team’s success he said “I’ve been really happy with the success of the golf team. It’s been a pleasure to watch this golf team develop and experience success. It is awesome that we achieved something so historic for Plymouth South. Many staff members have asked throughout the season about the golf team and have expressed genuine interest in how we are doing.”

The golf team of Plymouth South has experienced so much success in so little time and they are ready to achieve more next season.