Musical Dreams: Mamma Mia Promises to be Magnificent Musical

Curtain Opens May Fifth and Sixth for Two Performances at the PSHS PAC

Lea Maynard, Staff Writer

An exciting night at the theater is headed to Plymouth South, as the Plymouth South High School theater guild will be presenting the musical Mamma Mia!  May 5th and 6th.

Mamma Mia, by Catherine Johnson and  directed by PSHS’ musical and theater director, Mr. Luciana, will take the stage with a large cast ready to contribute.  The co-director will be Colleen Egan, the producer will be Mrs. Evans, and the choreographer will be Alex Tsorides. 

Mamma Mia is about a middle aged woman, Donna who is preparing for her daughter Sophie’s wedding day. Sophie however has a plan to invite three men from her mothers past in hope of meeting her real father and have him walk her down the aisle. 

The cast and crew of Mamma Mia have been working really hard to make the production as awesome and fun as possible for everyone attending. Cast members said they have all put a lot of effort into all the music and dancing.  This show will be very upbeat and energizing and will make the audience have just as much fun as they are, they said.

Mr. Luciana agreed and said, “This has been one of the most energizing and exciting shows that I’ve done in years and the cast is phenomenal.” Luciana said the cast has been working hard to learn the material.

Assistant Director Colleen Egan agreed.

“Mamma Mia is a heartwarming, energizing, and exciting show. Just listening to the music makes you want to stand up and dance,” Egan said.   

The show will be performed May 5th and 6th, 2023 in the PSHS Performing Arts Center (PAC).  The musical has 2 acts and will last about 2 hours and 15 minutes with a 15 minute intermission at the end of act 1.   It will start at 7:00 pm and ending around 9:30ish. Tickets are $5.00 for students and $10.00 for adults.

Make sure to get your tickets before they sell out, we really hope to see you there! 

Tickets can be purchased online before the event at https://www.onthestage.tickets/plymouth-south-high-school-theatre-guild/season