The Prowl

Student Newspaper of Plymouth South High School. Find us on Twitter @ProwlPSHS

The Prowl

The Prowl

Just search for The Prowl in your Facebook search bar.

PSHS Musical Guys and Dolls Sends Audiences Home Similing

Plymouth South High Schools theatre guild is celebrating after putting on an amazing show this spring. The guild presented Guys and Dolls on May 3rd and 4th at 7:00PM in the PSHS PAC to a large audience of parents, students, staff, and community members.

Guys and Dolls, written by Abe Burrows and Jo Swerling, published in 1950, is a romantic comedy musical set in New York about a gambler named Sky Masterson who is challenged to take a female missionary worker, Sarah Brown, to Havana. But they end up falling for each other along the way. This bet has a secret motive to finance a craps game by craps-shooter Nathan Detroit. The musical then follows a series of unexpected events and twists before reaching a conclusion that the audience really enjoyed. 

The PSHS theatre guilds interpretation of the musical was directed by Mr. Luciana and co-directed by Colleen Egan. Mrs. Evans produced the musical and senior Alex Tsourides was the choreographer. 

Photos by Alex Tsourides

Ms. Evans was thrilled with how everything went. “It was incredible to see our students tackle such a classic production. Guys and Dolls is a really funny play, and I loved seeing our cast show off their comedic sides.”

The cast and crew worked hard to make this production amazing for everyone who participated and attended. The show was full of jazz and tap dancing, as well as a lot of singing, keeping the audience engaged and entertained. 

Director Mr. Luciana said, “Guys and Dolls was, and still is, one of the great American musicals of the 20th century. Its vivid characters and vibrant, unforgettable music make it a theatrical experience the whole family can enjoy.”

The musical caps a successful year and students and teachers were eager to see what next year’s play and musical will be!