The Prowl

Student Newspaper of Plymouth South High School. Find us on Twitter @ProwlPSHS

The Prowl

The Prowl

Just search for The Prowl in your Facebook search bar.

Watch Your Back: This New Crime Show is Sweeping the Nation

Criminal Minds started to become popular again after its debut season in 2005 for its realistic episodes based on a team of FBI agents that work together in the Behavioral Analysis Unit to solve cases and find criminals. The show starts off by slightly introducing the main characters, one being actor Thomas Gibson who plays Aaron “Hotch” Hotcher on the show, the BAU’s director of the team. 

The beginning of the episode is the initial introduction to the criminal, and shows a little bit of insight to the audience of what they are doing and how they are committing the crimes. It then pans to the BAU teams preliminary reactions to the crime, when the case is brought to them. The team discusses their ideas and thoughts on what could be going on, with more focus on Spencer Reid, the “brains” of the operation, played by actor Matthew Gray Gubler- Reid’s character helps with the logical parts of the case and uses that to analyze the criminal with his teammates. 

This is a very captivating show and gets you hooked with the first few minutes of the plot. It is intriguing to viewers, and makes people want to know what happens at the end of the episode. Since the show continuously switches back and forth between the BAU and the criminal, it creates more interest within the viewer, since they have more knowledge and insight of the criminal. Main character, Jason Gideon- played by Mandy Patinkin also creates a fascination in the show, based on his intuitive ideas, and connection to other characters; especially Reid. The dramatic music adds a layer of suspense to the overall viewing of the episode, by keeping the audience on the edge of their seat. 

Criminal Minds airs on Paramount Plus and a new season will air on CBS this Spring.

I give this episode of Criminal Minds a 9/10 rating.