“He’s a Music Man!”

Heather Brzykcy, Editor

Music Man Pictures!

The Wells Fargo Wagon has made a stop to Plymouth High School!

Plymouth North and Plymouth South High School students all auditioned to take part in the combined musical this year, “The Music Man.” The Music Man is about lead character, Harold Hill, played by Cam Smith, coming to a town in Iowa. There, he is to trick the town of River City into believing he is a salesman who is trying to sell instruments to the teenage boys. Harold stirs up lots of trouble as he plans to skip town with a pocket full of money and never look back. Ultimately his plan comes to a halt, as he falls for River City’s own librarian, Marian Paroo, played by Andrea Sweeney. Viewers watch in anticipation as their strange, but heartfelt love story unfolds.

Under the direction of many familiar faces, Mr. Coon, Mr. Grossman, and Mrs. Holmes, Plymouth welcomed a new director this year, Ms. Jess Guyon and choreographer, Ms. Erica Morris. Countless hours were put in by the students, learning dance steps, singing their hearts out, and building sets to look realistic for the stage.

Opening night went off without a hitch! As the people of Plymouth filed into North High’s auditorium to watch the musical unfold. With traveling salesman on trains, pick a little ladies, and a crowd of angry townspeople, this musical was sure to leave an impression on those who sat to watch that night!

Overall, Plymouth’s Drama department has once again performed a spectacular show, can not wait to see what they have in store for next year!